Road trips can be a frustrating experience especially when you realize you forgot or need something 3 hours into your trip.
Here are some of my recommended road trip must-haves for a smooth and organized ride.
ROAD TRIP TIPS:
- Always bring a reuseable water bottle and just buy a large water jug to fill it with instead of buying small water bottles. This will help reduce trash.
- I like to have a portable water sprayer (1gallon garden sprayer) and put it in the back of my trunk already filled with tap water. That way, instead of using drinkable clean water to wash, rinse, or clean, you can just use the already filled water sprayer. The sprayer is also listed below.
- Along with the water sprayer, if you need to clean up or wash your hands and no rest stop or soap available, soap sheets are very useful. You just take one sheet, wet it, and it foams like soap.
- Eventhough you should always make sure you put air in your tires before hitting the road, it’s always safe to have a portable tire inflator. The one I use is small, but powerful, and you can just plug it in your car.
- Always have a flashlight with you incase you get stuck in the middle of the road at night. I have a heavy-duty tactical one in my glove compartment for when I need it immediately. I have another one in the trunk that transforms into a lantern.
- Compression stockings. Yes. It’s a must. Stop every 2-3 hours to stretch your legs prevent DVT
- wear loose comfortable clothing
- wear comfortable footwear
- Download the route to your destination just incase you lose service.
- Keep track of how many gas stations you might encounter while on the road so you can fill up accordingly and not be in danger of running on empty.
- LOCK YOUR CAR WHILE YOU’RE PUMPING GAS
- Send location pins to close family members every hour so they know where you are.
- Evenhough everyone should be responsible for their own things, it’s always good to be prepared for everyone. I have a cable converter for when my cables are not compatible with other devices.
- Download music/movies
- Be ALERT! Be SAFE!
- HAVE FUN!
Delsey tote bag is spacious! It’s great as a weekender bag and a convenient carry-on luggage companion.
Leave a Reply